Google Chrome is a very useful internet browser with tones of option available to the users. A new feature added to Chrome browser has made it more suitable for users who are constantly on travel trips. Chrome Remote Desktop feature allows you to remotely access a computer from anywhere and all you need is an internet connection.
You will also need to have Chrome browser and Chrome Remote Desktop host installed on the computer you are trying to access remotely. Please read the following step by step guide to use Chrome Remote Desktop feature.
- Download and install Chrome browser from this link.
- Sign into Chrome browser by clicking the profile picture icon which is located on the upper right corner of the browser.
- After Signing in to your Chrome Browser download Chrome Remote Desktop extension from here.
- Once the installation is completed you will be redirected to Chrome app page or alternatively you can enter chrome://apps into the search bar and click Chrome Remote Desktop icon.
- You will see Get Started button under My Computers section.
- Click on Enable remote connections option.
- A pop up window will appear that will ask you to install Chrome Remote Desktop Host.
- Click Accept and let it get installed.
- Once installed the host tool will appear in your taskbar. Click the icon to run the tool.
- On completion of installation you will be asked to create at least 6 digit numeric PIN code.
- That’s it you have successfully setup the tool.
How to Access Computer from Another Device
In order to access a computer using Chrome Remote Desktop both devices need to have an internet connection. You can remotely access the computer for which you have just setup by following the steps given above. Now to access this computer you will have to follow these steps.
- Download and install Chrome Remote Desktop app from Chrome Web Store, Google Play or iOS App Store.
- Sign in with the same Google Account used above.
- Click My Computers and you will see the name of the computer you set up above.
- Click the name of the computer.
- You will be asked to enter the PIN code you created.
- Congratulations you are now remotely connected to the computer.