Here we will provide a step by step guide to install Stock ROM on Pixel and Pixel XL devices. We can follow this method for installing Google Pixel Stock ROM. You will have to install ADB and Fastboot on your PC. You also need to enable USB debugging on our Pixel and Pixel XL devices.
HOW TO SETUP ADB AND FASTBOOT ON YOUR PC
If you have trouble with ADB Installer 1.4.2, you can use ADB installer 1.3.
- Download the adb-setup-1.4.3.exefile from the download link above.
- Double-click/Run the adb-setup-1.4.3.exe
- You will see a command prompt window with blue background. Say YES to all the prompts on this screen.
└ You will have to type Y for Yes option.
HOW TO ENABLE USB DEBUGGING ON PIXEL AND PIXEL XL DEVICES
- Enable Developer Options:
- Go to device Settings.
- Select “About phone” » tap seven times on “Build number”. This will enable Developer options under Settings.
- Go back to Settings and scroll down to the bottom and there you will find Developer options
- Enable OEM Unlock: Open “Developer options”menu » find OEM Unlock toggle and enable it.
- Enable USB Debugging:Open “Developer options” » scroll down a bit and you’ll see Debugging menu, enable “USB Debugging” option from there.
HOW TO INSTALL GOOGLE PIXEL OR PIXEL XL STOCK ROM
- Download the factory image that is appropriate for your Pixel device from HERE. This is important.
- Unzip this factory image to a new folder of your choice
- Setup ADB and Fastboot on your PC.
- Enable USB debugging on your Pixel device.
- Connect your Pixel device to the PC with a USB cable.
- Check your device. There may be a prompt on your device asking to “Allow USB Debugging”, you need to select Yes/Ok/Allow.
- Run/execute the flash-all.bat script from the files you extracted in Step 1.
- Wait for your installation to complete, once the firmware is flashed your device will reboot automatically.
Well done you have updated your firmware.