Xiaomi was expected to launch its MIUI 9 global ROM in November but after positive response on beta version the company has released a stable release of MIUI 9. Majority of the users of beta version have praised the new features offered in MIUI 9 beta version.
The MIUI 9 ROM is based on Android Nougat and Xiaomi Mi 6 is the first Xiaomi device to receive a stable version of MIUI 9. The company plans to release a stable version for several other Xiaomi device very soon. Following Mi 6, Redmi Note 4 and Note 4X will be next to receive a stable MIUI 9 ROM.
If you own Mi 6 device and do not want to wait for a OTA update, this tutorial will guide you on how to install MIUI 9 Stable ROM on Xiaomi Mi 6 devices. All you have to do is follow the instructions. We advise you to make sure that you’re device and ROM match perfectly, make sure your device is charged full and make a full backup of your files before flashing ROM. Any interuption during the process might brick your device.
Steps By Step Tutorial To Flash MIUI 9 On Xiaomi Mi 6
- Download stable version of MIUI 22.214.171.124.0 Global ROM from the following this link.
- Connect your device to a Windows Computer through a micro USB cable.
- Move the ROM file downloaded in step 1 into folder named “Downloaded_Rom” located in internal storage of your device.
- Once the file is moved, disconnect the device from PC.
- Open the Updater on your phone.
- Select Choose update package.
- Now you will need to navigate to the folder where the MIUI 9 ROM file was saved on your device.
- Select the file and the phone will initiate the installation automatically.
- Wait for the process to finish as it will take some time.
- Once the installation is complete you will see a confirmation screen.
- Now you can reboot and enjoy using your device with an updated Rom.